
Well, I'd first like to say Merry (very belated) Christmas from the Wades! We here at the Wadesy Baby Blog hope everyone had a great break, and would like to both celebrate the new year with you, whilst commiserating the long, hard trek back to work. Sure, you've probably been back for a good 10 days at this point, but bear with me. In fact, I'm "working" right now at my desk at DDB. I wonder how much money I've made during this opening paragraph. Maybe $1? Hey, that's something! I probably shouldn't be wasting company time like this, but they do want their employees to be happy, right? Right.
So let's move on.
We're coming down to the wire here, folks. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Gill were to call me during this very blog post with the exciting/terrifying news that she's gone into labor. See that word I used there? Terrifying? Yeah, that's how I've been feeling as of late. Terrified. Not at all times, but I've had my share of moments. Like when Gill came home from a long walk and claimed that she felt enormous pressure down there. Terrified. Or every time Gill says she's convinced he's coming early. Terrified. But…it's like…a good terrified. I mean, I'm scared out of my mind to think that I'm going to be responsible for a real live person, but I'm also really really ridiculously excited about it at the same time. And I always feel better when I remember that it's the Father's child and I'm just doing my best to take care of him while I'm here. Wait, I'm in charge of looking after one of God's children?!?! Deep breaths, deep breaths.
So while I've been silently panicking, Gill has been (not) sleeping. Her back is the biggest culprit, but I've been known to be one as well. It turns out that breathing directly on her face in the middle of the night is not as pleasant and soothing as I figured it would be. I've considered moving to the day bed to give her and her massive body pillow some more room, but as of now, I'm still allowed to sleep in her vicinity.In other news, we're still in the process of buying things for the nursery, and then trying to find places to put them in said nursery. I kid you not, I would say there is a 50% chance that every time I get home from work, there will be a package waiting for me. A shelf came yesterday. A stroller the day before. Another stroller the day before that. And yep, another stroller last week. 3 strollers? How many babies do we have again? Anyways…I've been put in charge of one of my favorite things in the world: closet organization. I'm being sarcastic, but not totally…I actually really like organizing things. I likely got it from Mrs. Karen Marie Stewart Wade, my wonderfully over-the-top organized mother. So if you think I'm one of those messy desk creative types, you'd be mistaken. I enjoy a good 3 hour romp through Microsoft Excel, or a nice hour-long stroll through the shelving department at Target. I'm just unique that way, right? Right. Anyways, back to what I was saying - we are in desperate need of closet organizing, so I have been weighing my shelving options and will soon come to a conclusion. Which I'm sure will involve at least 3 or 4 more packages to greet me at my doorstep in the coming weeks.
In other, non-baby related news, I've fallen in love (again) with United Pursuit's two newest albums: Live at the Banks House and Found. Live at the Banks House is right in the UPB wheelhouse, but Found is a little bit of a departure for them - much more instrumental and electronic. But still extremely worshipful and meditative, as usual.
So that was sort of out of left field, I know, but I'm listening to them as I type, so I thought I'd plug while I was at it. They're by far and away my favorite band of the last few years. And to make it baby-related, we've played "Let Me In" several times for Wadesy in the hopes that he'll find it somewhat soothing when he's not insulated in my wife's womb. Oh, and of course, I credit Gill for discovering them.
What else…what else…oh yes, we've officially graduated from not one, not two, but three different parenting/birthing/breastfeeding classes! Which really just means we now know just how much we don't know.
Oh! Oh! I got an iPhone! That's pretty big news, considering I've never had a web-enabled phone in my young life. I know, how did I ever live? My mom, dad, sister, mother-in-law, father-in-law and wife all had an iPhone before me. But now, being the owner of such a magical device, you can expect many more photos, videos, and countless status updates. Hurrah!
I think that about covers it. If I've missed anything, I'm sure I'll make it up to you…a month from now. No, no, I'm sure I'll have a little something to share on the blog before that. You know, like an actual baby.
The countdown is on. It's go time. In the words of Kevin McCallister: This is it. Don't get scared now!
No comments:
Post a Comment