
(Jake, please save your "How far did you have to actually zoom in to see it?" jokes for another blog)
All that to say, if you're familiar with the hard and fast rules of human anatomy, that means we're having...drumroll...a BOY!!
Well, we're pretty sure. "90% sure" that is. So while we won't have the official results in for another month, we can all be 90% sure that you'll see more footballs than barbies in the nursery. Of course, if he insists, hopefully he'll choose appropriately. What, still no good?
So we're extremely excited, although we both thought we would be having a girl. In fact, we both thought (independently) that we'd be having a girl on February 2nd who weighed 8 lbs, 2 oz. Crazy how that happened. Crazy wrong. Well, I guess there's still a 10% chance.
And as for the Wadesy Baby Bowl, the 10 people that picked a boy are rejoicing, and the other 16 are crushed. Absolutely crushed. But chin up! There's still two categories left, and while I haven't run the numbers, I'm gonna go out on a small, fragile limb and guess that you might possibly still have an extremely outside chance of winning. That's better than nothing, right? Sure it is.
So after reading 106 days worth of blogs, surely you know by now that there's never a lack of drama in the Wadesy Baby Chronicles. So hypothetically, let's say I was asked to write an article for the LA Times after our doctor visit. I'd probably craft a headline that would read something like "Extreme magnification reveals Wadesy Baby a Boy". Unfortunately, the subhead would read "Medical bills presented, mother of child faints".
Yep, you read that right - the medical bills were presented. Oh sorry, I mean Gilly fainted. For the first time in her life.
But honestly, if you're gonna faint, you'd be hard pressed to pick a better place to do it, as about 4 different nurses sprang into action before she even hit the ground. Sorry, I mean before I lowered her to the ground. I'd never exaggerate solely for entertainment purposes. Never.
Aaaanyways, as soon as she announced she was going to throw up, a trash can was inserted under her nose. Of course, the trash can was storing some discarded Taco Bell, so Gill was throwing up for more than one reason at this point. A few dry heaves later, we got her to her feet, escorted her into an exam room, and even bonded with Dr. Nishio (a rare occurrence) over some pretzels and ice water.
So like we always say on this blog, all's well that ends well, right? Right.
Holy nords, I'm having a son!!!
Yay!!!!! Eleanor is getting a boyfriend!
ReplyDeleteOHHHHHHHHHH I'm so excited for y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!! He and Sam are going to be trouble, trouble, trouble together!!! SOO SOO fun!
ReplyDelete