August 15, 2010

Day 116: Da Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Batman!

Wow, a 10-day blog absence is a new low. I apologize to my faithful readers - you don't deserve this. I realize you've come to rely on the hilarity that is the Wade lifestyle, and practically live for baby updates, so I apologize. Sincerely.

Ok, let's move on.

This week marks the beginning of Wells Fargo madness. I sold in a new campaign (thank you, thank you) and production on three TV spots officially begins on Tuesday. That means finalizing casting and locations, pre-production meetings, wardrobe fittings, endless client schmoozing, and actually starting to shoot on Friday. We'll be shooting in LA six days, then traveling to Nashville, Birmingham, and Jackson for another week. Of course, sandwiched between both of those shoots is the most important day of the year: The 2010 Pounding Fantasy Football Draft. (Side note: there will be no video this year. Bob and Amanda are taking a much-needed vacation. I know, I'm sorry.)

So needless to say, things will be fairly busy for Papa Wade. Mama Wade will be busy herself, with school starting back up for her kids and a trip to Seattle during the draft. Here's an interesting factoid: We found out that we'll be away from each other for about 8 or 9 days, which is the longest we've spent apart in 7 years. At least she has Lady to keep her company. I have...Wells Fargo.

If my calculations are correct (and they always are), I'll be leaving when my child the size of a chicken breast, and returning when he's become a large mango. I guess that means I'll be gone during the Chango Phase. Get it? Chicken + Mango? Chango? You get it.

So with all this baby size talk, let's check in on Week 16.


Look, the book didn't give a fruit example this week, so I had to choose my own. I chose Batman. And I think you'll agree, I chose correctly. Standing 4.75" tall, this mighty savior of Gotham is currently growing crazy strong muscles, a face with actual eyes, and ears for hearing crime before it happens. He also is becoming sensitive to touch, so we've been prodding him constantly for the past few hours - we figure this will make him tough as nails. Like his father.

In other news, we traveled to Balboa Island yesterday to see our friends from Southern Oklahoma, Sterling and Natalie Worth, and their 8-month old baby Lily. Over an unbelievably delicious lunch at Wilma's Patio (get the Nachos - you won't regret it*), it was decided that Lily and Wadesy Baby will wed. I know, I know, Wadesy has already received several offers, but this arrangement was too good to pass up. I explained that Jeff White had tried to stake his claim with a dowry of 2000 Rupees, 3 Goats, a Sheep and a Lamb for his daughter Grace's hand, but Sterling would have none of it. He doubled the offer, we shook hands (which means nothing), and it was a done deal. He even threw in a brass floor lamp, a frozen banana, and a cowboy hat signed by Cory Morrow. I dare any of you to pass that up. So for the time being, it looks like Grace, Abby Jane, Blythe, Joy, Lucy, and Eleanor will have to either sweeten the deal, or look elsewhere. I've heard Sam Roberts is on the market, but his parents are apparently "against" arranged marriage. Fools. Which one of us has a new lamp on the way?!

I love lamp.


*Yes you will.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the dowry system may have to be reversed in Eleanor's case.... a few little tots have already called dibs on our little lady. Wades... it is time for YOU to step up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... I agree with Karen. We will not be doing the begging for Wadesy Baby. HE is the man so HE needs to be pursuing the ladies!!

    ReplyDelete