I'd like to take a few lines and offer my sincerest apologies. It's not you, it's me. I've been so distracted with meaningless things that I've lost track of what's most important to me. It's you blogosphere, it's you. Sure, I've been working like a madman (Get it? Hey-oh!), I've been writing more for fantasy football, and I've been listening to waaaayyy more Dave South than I ever cared to. But I know where my priorities should be, so let's get them straight, shall we? Yes, we shalst.
Sincerely,
Stewart Wade
Well, that was fun. And hilarious! But I know you, my loyal readers, are wanting more than just words. You want action, and I'm here to give it to you in the form of a good, solid Wade family update. There's much to discuss, so let's get to it.
First, Wadesy Baby. Last time we talked, Wadesy was 90% a boy. A few weeks later, that 90% became 95%. Well, I'd like to finally put this issue to rest. We had our 20-week sonogram, and I can officially announce that Wadesy Baby is a ... GIRL. Nah, just kidding, it's a boy! And he's been moving like crazy lately. I've always been weirded out when I've felt other babies kicking, but I could sit there all day and let Wadesy kick my hand. It's insane.
Anyways, we recently switched doctors, from Dr. Nishio to Dr. Crookes. Not only was Nishio a bit, umm, cold, but she wasn't technically on our insurance. So yeah, I'd rather not pay 50% when I could pay 20%. But we'd actually been thinking about switching regardless, and Dr. Crookes is great. And Irish. So, that's obviously a plus, because any good OB is Irish. But you knew that.
The other good thing about her office is that they do 3D sonograms. So without further ado, why don't we check in with Wadesy...

Is that a little Stewart Wade, because I think it is! He's "perfect" according to Dr. Crookes' partner, and of course, us. That's likely because I haven't begun parenting him yet. Right? Right? I mean, am I right?
Second, how about an update on Gill? Well, she finally graduated from her Nausea! Unfortunately, she then spent a good two weeks in Migraineland, followed by a brief stint in Coldville. Besides that, she's doing great. The only major issue is that she's been extremely camera shy for the past 22 weeks. It's time to put that to an end, right? Drumroll....BAM! Baby bump!

Now that's a fine lookin' mama.
Third, let's talk living situation. We're currently in a lovely one bedroom apartment a block away from the OJ incident. So while it's the perfect location, we're gonna need a nursery pronto. Fortunately, we found a place two blocks away. So don't worry, we'll STILL be only one block from OJ's, just in the other direction. We haven't officially signed a lease yet, but we did give our 30-day notice (more on that in a sec), so we're outta here one way or the other. This new place does have a few quirks, including a stove straight out of the 70's. No, seriously, I think it's 40 years old. It's fascinating. I'll have pictures soon. But "as long as it works, it works" according to our future building manager. Mmmmkay.
So like I said above, we gave our 30-day notice. Well, I guess you could say that didn't sit too well with our current landlords. Apparently they're under the impression that "it's not normal" to leave in the middle of the month, and we have to give our notice on the first of the month. Well, once I pointed out that they were incorrect (via our actual lease and California law), they proceeded to fly off the handle, threatened to take us to small claims court, and let me know that they "expected more" from me than this. Soooo...you're saying this isn't going to end well, aren't you? Mmmmkay.
Fourth, it's my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mama K, Momma K, Grammy Wade, etc. I guess we'll nail down that name later.
Fifth, and finally, I'd like to let you all know that October 2010 just might go down as the most chaotic month in the life of Stewart D. Wade. Here's just some of what to expect.
October 4-6: Shooting a TV spot in Atlanta.
October 7-10: In Dallas for my 10-year high school reunion. Could high school sweethearts showing up pregnant be more cliche?
October 15-16: (Hopefully) move in to our new apartment.
October 17-22: Shooting in New York, Jersey, Philly and Connecticut.
October 23-30: BABYMOON in Kauai!
I'm exhausted just looking at that. Of course, I'm glad it ends the way it does. Speaking of ending, I think we should. You're tired of reading, I'm tired of writing. Let's just get this over with. Good day to you, blogosphere.
Great pics! But uh, for those of us who don't read sonograms, what exactly are we looking at in the picture on the left? The face I got, but I'm lost on the on the other picture of my nephew...
ReplyDeleteHaha, yeah I have NO clue about the picture on the left. Truthfully, I hadn't even looked at it until now.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute baby and momma!!
ReplyDeleteOMG Gill you look ADORABLE!! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!
ReplyDelete