February 25, 2011
Pearson is a Month Old!
Today Mr. P we celebrate your 1 month birthday. In many ways the time has flown by, and it seems like just yesterday Dad and I were struggling outside the hospital, not knowing how to put you in your car seat. In other ways, it has been a long month. I don't know if anyone could have prepared me for how difficult it is to be woken up every hour or two to breast feed, or how hard it is when you are upset and Dad and I don't know what to do to soothe you. Luckily that does not happen all too often, and thankfully Dr. Tyler suggested we try gripe water which has helped you immensely when you struggle with a little reflux. Here is a little picture of what a typical day looks like for you. You usually wake up around 7 or 7:30 and have a little breakfast before getting in bed with Dad and I for a while. You and I stay in bed while Dad gets ready for work, and then after he leaves for work you usually are ready for breakfast #2. After eating, we go on a nice walk around the neighborhood. We then come home you eat and sleep and then eat and sleep some more. Then usually around 4 I gear up to take both you and Lady out for a walk. Dad gets home around 6:30 and we start our nighttime routine which consists of eating, bath time, and eating some more while listening to our lullaby play list. You go down to sleep around 8:00, and we have just started trying to begin the "dream feed." We definitely have not mastered it yet- when you are asleep it is pretty difficult to get you to eat anything! You now are waking up about every 2-3 hours to eat. So there you have it, a typical day in the life of Pearson Wade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment