Today, my friends, was a monumental day - it was Wadesy's first day moving on film. But in order for me to see it happen, I had to first make it through this wretched city, which is not on my good side at the moment.
After fighting through bizarre (yet somehow typical) 1:30pm LA traffic, getting blocked in a parking lot for five minutes by an 90 year-old, being talked to like a 5 year-old by a grocery store customer (and nearly ripping my shirt off and stealing his dog - if you don't understand this reference, I'll tell you the story later), and running a quarter mile to save $5 on parking, I did indeed make it...but not before I personally vowed to quit this city forever.
However...it was at this point that I saw one of the most fascinating things I'd ever seen in my lifetime: my baby, kicking like it was going out of style. I've never witnessed anything like it. I mean, I've seen babies kick. Just not my own.
It just got real people.
I realize it's hard to see for you newbies. I'll translate it for you...
For some reason, I'm now in the "it's gonna be a boy" camp, so I'm assuming he's already wearing his A&M hat. Hey, look, I'm just the translator. I only draw what I see. And to be fair, nobody reading this was there to hear what he was saying inside there except for me, Gill and the doctor. So can you prove he wasn't whooping? I didn't think so.
But back to the activity. Wadesy was a kicking machine - just going nuts with it. Gill assumes this is what is causing her daily runs to the bathroom, and after watching the kicking for a minute or two, I tend to agree with her.
It ended when Dr. Nishio said something like "the kid looks just great", Gill and I rejoiced, and all was right again in the City of Angels.


Is there going to be a Wadesy Baby Gender Bowl?
ReplyDeleteNow THAT is something I could get on board with.
ReplyDelete