It's Gillean here, trying my hand at this blog thing.
So today started off like any other day. I woke up to Lady jumping on top of me, had some breakfast, got dressed, and was headed off to work in the land of Santa Clarita. I was about halfway to work when all of a sudden a strong wave of nausea began to pass over me. It quickly registered that I was still about 15 minutes away from the bathroom at Child & Family Center, and I realized I was going to need to pull over ASAP. After glancing around I realized that I was in the part of the 405 where there is no shoulder, so I did the next best thing, grabbed 2 napkins I had stashed in the glove box and proceeded to throw up all over myself. I then pulled off at the next exit and pulled into into a Chevron station where I threw up a bit more. Then 3 minutes later I'm back in the car driving to work to try and make my 10:00 client.
Luckily today was a slow day so I could take a long lunch and head to the local car wash to get my interior thoroughly washed and sanitized. I also attempted to purchase some new pants at Walmart, (I was in Santa Clarita after all) but could not seem to find anything that met my standards. One of my coworkers had also convinced me that I had done a pretty good job at cleaning myself up, and that I might get more looks if I was wearing a pair of Faded Glory pants than if I just stuck with my original outfit.
When I started feeling sick around week 6 I talked to one of my best friend's mom who works at a pregnancy clinic in Dallas. She told me I could expect to feel a little bit of relief around week 10, so I've been holding out for week 10-waiting for the relief. Then week 10 passes and a pregnant friend tells me I will have some relief around week 12. Now as week 12 is approaching my mom tells me that by week 14 I should feel pretty good. Literally, a few hours after talking to her I'm talking to my Aunt Mary on the phone who tells me that her pilates instructor told her that relief will come by week 17! Come on- can someone give me a straight answer about this stuff!
Anyway, despite the unpredictable bouts of nausea, I'm very happy and excited to be carrying around little Wadesy. Thanks everyone for your sweet words of congratulations- it is so fun to be able to share this news with everyone!
Oh Gill! So sorry for your sickness, but this story is hilarious! I'm so glad you are blogging as well! :) And unfortunately, when it comes to Wadesy Baby, you will never again get a straight answer about anything... nothing! That has been the craziest thing for me about parenthood! Welcome to the world of trial and error... isn't is fun?? :)
ReplyDelete