July 05, 2010

Day 72: Cinnamon Toast

I know it must have felt like a month, but it's only been a week since I've last posted. In my defense, I've been dedicating all my spare time over the holiday weekend to a design project for the Westside Pregnancy Clinic. If you play your cards right, I just may post what I've been working on.

But in other news, we've officially passed the 10-week mark and Gill has started feeling (a little) better! I did think, however, that while she's still in her morning/all-the-time sickness phase, I'd post a video recipe of her favorite early morning Stewart-made treat: Cinnamon Toast. Enjoy.



I'm sure you had a hard time writing all that down, so here's the recipe in written-form.

Cinnamon Toast
by Stewart Wade

Ingredients:
2 Slices white bread
1/2 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Cinnamon
Early Morning Sunlight

Preparation:
Spread out bread evenly on a flat surface - flat surfaces are ideal for spreading any kind of butter, margarine, jam or other semi-liquids onto bread. Pre-nuke (microwave) butter for 15 seconds on high for maximum spreadiocity. Use an aptly-named butter knife to spread butter onto said bread. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Dip a metallic, silver, or plastic spoon into newly-concocted cinnamon sugar and sprinkle generously over buttered bread. Store remaining cinnamon sugar for inevitable future mornings - this will save you at least 30 seconds, which is a lot at 5:30 am. Place bread into toaster oven on 350 degrees for either 2 minutes, when sufficiently browned, or when you hear that "just perfect" sizzle sound (you'll know it when you hear it). Let sit for up to 60 seconds before serving. Eat. Throw up. Repeat.

So there you have it. Easy, simple, and delicious. Bon appetit!

(And yes, I know I spelled "relief" wrong in the video. Please understand, I get terrible stage fright and spelling is my worst skill to begin with. There was no stopping it.)

2 comments:

  1. Do you have to be pregnant to enjoy cinnamon toast? Because I think that may be my breakfast tomorrow morning...only, I hope to leave out the "throw up" direction...glad Gill is starting to feel better!
    -Aunt Allison aka Bulldog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course not - cinnamon toast does not discriminate against bulldogs (like you) and non-preggos (like me). Enjoy a slice or two anytime you'd like. Oh, and feel free to come back and rate my recipe - I'm always looking for solid feedback.

    ReplyDelete